I’ve now run for 365 consecutive days. For me that meant running on hot days, on cold days, on sunny days, and rainy days. Basically just running every day regardless. I ran a total of 2000.3 miles.
I wish I could say that I learned some valuable lesson here, but in reality there isn’t much to this…aside from the fact that I really love to run, which was something I already knew.
Having said that, I’m looking forward to continuing the streak and seeing if I can run 2500 miles over the next 365 days.
I haven’t felt much like an ultra runner lately but that is only because I’ve been racing sprint distance triathlons this summer. I’m still paying attention to ultra distances, still making plans for my next 100 miler in January, and still listening to my favorite ultra running podcast — http://www.ultrarunnerpodcast.com.
Image courtesy Jim Bodoh, and taken sometime before my stomach went south for the day. This was taken at the 2013 John Holmes 50k trail run in Brooksville, Florida.
This is a four lap trail run and this time around I felt good and strong for almost three full laps. I left to begin the fourth lap at about the 5:30 mark, and sadly, things went downhill quick. My last lap took about 3 hours and meant an 8:30-ish finish for the day.
Slow, but hey, at least I finished.
With 2012 not going entirely my way in terms of races, 2013 seems to be off to a good start. So far I have successfully finished the LongHaul 100 in January and the Dances With Dirt 50k in March. Up next will be a few sprint distance triathlons.
- Dunedin Triathlon — June 9th
- Tarpon Springs Triathlon — September 7th
These will be followed by a 40 mile road run in September, a 50k trail run in October, a 50 mile trail run in November and then the LongHaul 100 again in January 2014. Good times!
Where I hope to be racing/running for the remainder of the year…
- Dances With Dirt 50 Mile Ultramarathon – March 24, 2012 (completed)
- Trinity Trailblazer 5k in New Port Richey – March 25, 2012 (completed)
- Croom 50 Mile Fools Run Ultramarathon – April 7, 2012 (ran, DNF, stomach at mile 28)
- Tarpon FC 1st Annual Mother’s Day Fun Run (5k) – May 12, 2012 (completed 21:29)
- Beach to Bayou 5k in Tarpon Springs – June 2, 2012 (completed 19:03)
- Tarpon Springs Rotary Triathlon – September 8, 2012 (not happening for me)
- John Holmes 50k Ultramarathon – October 13, 2012 (ran, DNF, stomach at mile 15)
- Longhaul 100 Ultramarathon – January 19, 2013
Last updated: October 30, 2012